This marks a fundamental shift in the credit union blueprint. Today it is crucial to fuse technology with our business goals. This creates a Technology Strategy that supports every department of the credit union. The Technology Strategy enables the credit union to thrive and brings your service mission into its future state.
Between rapid innovation and economies of scale, technology can feel overwhelming. At its core, technology is simply defined as any tool that helps us complete a task. Cavemen had rocks; we have copious Cloud applications. The benefit of living in our current digital age is the variety and creativity it allows. With technology strategy, there is no one size fits all approach. Frankly, we have options.
Strategic alignment is key to how successful any technology will be at your credit union. Questions to ask while creating this Technology Strategy are:
- How do these technology decisions allow each department to reach their own goals, and how does this technology allow everyone to work together towards our collective purpose?
- Are we making technology decisions from a 10,000-foot view?
- Have we outlined how the outcomes of each technology choice impact our larger technology roadmap?
- Are these technology choices maturing our credit union?
- Does this technology make our environment stronger, more secure, and resilient?
- Where are we today in our technology roadmap, and what do we envision our future state to be?
- Have we identified impacts at short, mid, and long-term timelines?
- What gaps are hanging? Do we have any blind spots?
These questions may feel like a bit of a rabbit hole, but they frame our technology decisions into our business strategy. An objective and vendor-agnostic voice brings a trusted perspective to your credit union. Technology roadmap discussions include technical analysis, insider tips, critical steps, and marketplace options. This allows your executive team to combine technology with your top business priorities.
Solutions are empty without strategy – arm your credit union and empower your executive team to align technology with strategy in 2022.
Not sure if your technology strategy is setting your credit union up for success? From innovative Technologists to Chief Information Security Officers, you have a dedicated team waiting to partner with your credit union on each step of your service journey. Email our Pure IT Credit Union Services experts at email@example.com, PureITcuso.com. Pure IT is pure excellence in service.