Lone Star Credit Union - Their IT Success Story
So how can a credit union use IT for business enablement and move it away from just a cost center? Watch this episode with PureIT Credit Union Solutions CEO Jack Smith and Lone Star Credit Union COO/CIO Becky Reed as they explain how to achieve this goal -- especially from Becky's success story perspective.
- Moving IT out of a cost center or away from a cost center view.
- IT should grow members, help ROA, further the CU business goals.
- Technology is involved in everything CUs do, Everything!
- IT needs to be at the table, to be part of our CU businesses.
- When IT is used in a correct, strategic manner, credit unions become Nimble & Faster to improve member service and services.
- Technology view is needs to be broader - people, skills, business management, and the IT infrastructure.
- It's more than one or two key apps, it is a strategic conversation and view.
- IT needs to have business conversations around technology.
- You can get real answers to what IT is doing or not doing, what solutions options & costs are available, and plan for helping current & future CU growth goals.
- It isn't always about buying more 'stuff' or switching out your IT 'stuff'. It is about what the business needs and the path to getting there.
- technology & business road map aligned
- front line operations working with IT
- much more efficient processes to serve members
- scale without IT purchases for the next 3-5 years
- we are more forward thinking without wondering if IT can actually do what is needed for our next CU business decision.
- "Yes", IT can support what the CU & Executive team want to do next.
- IT is a now a partner and no longer just support.